Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Our Oklahoma Shower

I feel like a broken record, but Patrick and I are incredibly blessed! We just got back from Oklahoma where we had our second shower - and it sure was worth the wait! (We had to pick a date in July bc of my hectic schedule.) 12 of our dear family friends hosted the couples shower for us last Saturday night and they truly outdid themselves. I'm telling you - it was absolutely wonderful and Patrick and I are STILL talking about how much fun we had seeing everyone.


Our hosts were:
Pam and Ray
Lori and Jason
Jinny and Stephen
Courtney and Greg
Tom and Betsy
Janet and Keni
Ms. Marta
Ms. Edwina
Ms. Suzy
Ms. Toni
Terri and Jim
Ms. Gay


The ladies did such a great job at making everything absolutely PERFECT. The table centerpieces were beyond precious with a wine, cheese and breadstick moment like these pics:



The menu was all of our favorite Italian food with Patrick's fav - MEATBALLS! He may have eaten the majority of them himself. The schmorgasboard of food took up an entire buffet line and we still had food leftover!!! (Thankfully so, bc I popped a few cream puffs the next morning as I surveyed our loot at 7 am bc I couldn't sleep since I was so excited!)


Our present table was fantastic - each of our gifts came elegantly unwrapped so that we could touch and see but we could spend more of our time with our friends. It was definitely a sight to see - especially for Patrick being that North Carolina was represented (of course) by his 2 UNC lawn chairs! He is tres excited.



We had all sorts of special guests attend from out of town like my mom's bff's: my "Auntie P," Nancy and Joanne - all from New Mexico, Jack and Kaye, and my girls from high school - Jinny, Courtney, Karen and Jamie. (And Sweet Tara came too but she lives in PC!) :) We did miss my grandmother who fell ill and was unable to attend...and the Nonster was there in spirit. We had a full house that night with everyone who attended and it meant so much to my family and Patrick and me.

Auntie P, Patrice, Me, Joanne, Mom, Gay and Nancy



Karen, Courtney, Tara, SKC, Jamie and Jinny


Our first fearless leader - "Ms. Smith" - our Hi-Steppers coach. She stopped by on her way back into town from the OSU game, of course! We made her stay long enough for a team photo.


Karen, SKC, Jamie, Jinny and Courtney


We loved every minute of our special night and thank everyone for your kindness and generosity. It's really such an eye-opener when you are engaged, bc you are constantly reminded at how amazing your friends really are. (The only thing that I'm sad about is that I really didn't get ANY photos of my family or other hostesses!! Oh well, I'll just have to "recreate" soon...)


A toast to Jeanne, Peter and Sophia with 2 of the crystal goblets that they sent for the shower! We're toasting them the next morning, hence the no makeup look I've got going. :)



Since I couldn't sleep, I woke up my mom and we played with the presents and drank a pot of coffee while Mr. You-Know-Who snoozed away. Here's the end result of our play time:





The darling hostess favor totes which my Mom was responsible for wrapping - oh so talented!


Our ring bearer - Mr. Jordan!


My mom and I with Becky, Jinny and her new baby Blythe!
The ONLY pic I have of a family member from the whole night -my mom...and Lanie and Jordan.



Some ladies at the party - Nancy, Tempe, Marta and Betty

3 comments:

The Archies said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sheri :D said...

WOW! What a great party! I bet you had so much fun with all of your buds from Ponca! I can't wait to meet and see everyone at the wedding! You are so loved. :)

Lane said...

Hey Sarah! I just found your blog on Cara's page. A while back Christy told me you got engaged, so it will be so fun to follow all your wedding posts. Congrats!!