Sunday, February 1, 2009

SURPRISE!

I can honestly say that I usually catch on to surprises but Friday's shower certainly snuck up on me! My work friends really outdid themselves planning such a special shower in my honor. I am overwhelmed with gratitude.

My boss, Jeny, had tricked me into thinking we were heading upstairs to the Zodiac restaurant to set up for a small trend presentation the following day. As Jeny and I walked in and I saw the back area of the restaurant full of about 40 colleagues, I thought it was just another reception until I noticed that the faces were of my friends and they were all smiling and staring...at me! I think because I was sincerely surprised, I had a "dumb" moment and clearly had no idea what was going on. In fact our VP Shelle said "Surprise! It's your baby shower!" because I actually asked them if the party was for me...and in honor my wedding. Seriously, I had a major dumb moment.

The party ranked up there as one of my absolute favs, complete with a beautiful table, centerpiece and mini cupcakes...I was in awe. I loved every minute of it. And as I stood there with adrenaline still racing through me, I realized how amazing my friends are. We spend so much time with the people we work with and I am truly blessed at how great mine are.

Once again, my friends spoiled Patrick and me with beautiful gifts. And every minute of my memorable shower was caught on film thanks to Jeny as she snapped away throughout. OF COURSE I had to call Mom and Patrick immediately afterward for a quick recap and they were so appreciative to those who were so instrumental in making it so special.

As my carpool buddy Lauren and I made our way to my car loaded with presents, cupcakes and flowers, it was starting to sink in a bit just how blessed I am in my friends. I will always remember the day Patrick proposed and how incredibly overwhelmed I was with shock and excitement. And I will always remember how rich our engagement really has been in celebrating our friendships with those we love most.

Thank you to my department managers, Senior Team, Corporate PR and special friends. I am truly touched.

No comments: