The other night I had an overwhelming feeling that I just had to hold you. Of course it was nearly 11 pm on a Friday but that hardly phased me. As I type this, I realize just how far off that is coming from me, the grand keeper of all things sleep schedules, however I didn't care at the time. I simply needed to hold you in my arms which is what I announced to Daddy and off I went.
As I snuck into your room, I held me breath when I scooped you up from your crib, hoping that you would remain asleep. We snuggled into each other and I began to rock you. You nestled perfectly on my chest and your breaths were long and quiet and your hair smelled like freshly washed baby hair. I will remember that night for a long time. You are growing to be such a big boy - so independent - but that night, as your legs dangled past the glider's seat, I realized though I won't be able to hold your entire self in my arms for long, I certainly can now. And so we rocked.
1 comment:
af
Post a Comment