Thursday, March 12, 2009

Wed-0-Rama: Part 1

Our wedding was a schmorgasboard of fun, family and friends packed into a long weekend...and we enjoyed every minute. Here's my recount of the 2 days which we had planned for 9 months ...

After Night #1 of me too excited to sleep, we arrived to Ponca City on Thursday along with Patrick's parents and Aunt Pat and Uncle Tom. Patrick and I met with Father Mic who gave his final blessing (hallelujah!) and then headed to the courthouse to apply for our marriage license. Funny story regarding our ages but for the sake of my pride, I will skip over this one. Although if you were at our rehearsal dinner, my sweet husbie blabbed the story to our 60 closest friends and family. HA.


That night, we kicked off the wedding weekend with dinner at Zino's (yum scrum) with our families. Then off to my mom's for dessert and coffee. [Night #2 that I barely slept.]
The next morning, Jeanne, Peter and Sophia came over for breakfast and who we enlisted to help us pick up the vans we rented for the wedding party. It was definitely a sight to behold considering I drove one off the lot. To give you a visual, mom, Sophia and I were in this 15-passenger van which is almost large enough to hold the entire Duggar family with ME behind the wheel. Ponca will never be the same...


The rest of the day was filled with a BIG, family lunch and a much-needed nap. I had no idea how fast the day would fly by and especially so considering that our rehearsal began at 4 bc of 5 o'clock Friday mass. The rehearsal was surreal simply bc so many friends and new family members :) were in my hometown...and in my church. It was exactly how I felt when I saw Chris McKittrick standing in my kitchen on Thursday. [Note to self: Soon I need to start referring to my father-in-law as something other than "Chris McKittrick." Does "Hey You" work? :)]


Soon enough we were released and headed for the Country Club for cocktails, dinner and more cocktails, graciously hosted by the McKittricks and Brezezinskis. We had the best time and I didn't want the night to end. Our Dads gave beautiful toasts along with my Maid of Honor, Christy, and Patrick's Best Man, Tanner. And if the night wasn't already perfect, Patrick gifted me with my BEAUTIFUL cross necklace. BE. STILL. MY. HEART. I was in awe and have worn it every day since. Who knew Mr. Patrick was such a jewlery guy?! Before I opened my necklace, I had another little surprise...a book on Kauai which left me confused bc we were going to Jamaica for our honeymoon. Little did I know but Patrick had organized the whole switch-a-roo honeymoon and everyone knew...but me. If you know me at all, you know that I adore surprises but this one was just so over the top that I was more in shock than anything.


After all the excitement, our out of town guests were officially in town and at the cocktail reception which followed the rehearsal dinner. We all had the best time seeing everyone. [Click here to see the darling rehearsal dinner slideshow which my brother, Stephen, made for us.] I had to drag myself home that night bc I didn't want the night to end. Christy, Jinny, Megan and Sheri came over and my mom made us a little snack while we sat around for awhile hanging out. Although 2 nights of no sleep had finally caught up with me, so I put myself to bed hoping for a long night's rest. And rest is just what I got.

Patrick bagging the girls' food for the wedding weekend and honeymoon!


They knew. I swear, the girls knew we were leaving and I just don't know how! :) Honeymoon packing in the works...


Getting our marriage license in Newkirk, Oklahoma.

I ADORE my mom for this special treat: "Something Blue" thanks to Lolita...and just right for day-of mimosas at the salon!

Soon to be sisters: Sarah and Sophia


Mom and me at lunch with the McKittricks and Brzezinskis on Friday.

MOH Christy and Steven with the bride.



The bride and groom



Alexis and Evan and Tanner and Kelli



Crazy brothers Stephen and Marty who actually did this on cue without even knowing it when I took their photo.



Patrick had NO clue what color box he was opening! I was so excited for him to open his wedding present - monogrammed cuff links.




Aw, he likes them!



MY NECKLACE!


LOVE. HIM.

Father Micalichka who married us.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

finally!! :)