Friday, May 21, 2010

"Showered With Love"

(I so wish that I had come up with such a cute title but I have to admit that I borrowed it from a sweet blog friend!)

What a shower! My SWEET childhood girlfriends truly spoiled Baby Patrick (and me!) with a lavish Sip 'n See shower recently in Oklahoma to announce his arrival. I have spent the better part of the last couple of weeks just relishing in the FUN which we had that morning.

From the beautiful decor, cake and finishing touches to the precious invitations, diaper cake and hostess gift...our cup runneth over. These girls seriously outdid themselves and it is sure to be a favorite memory of mine. Friends are such a blessing in our lives and mine continue to remind me of just how rich I really am. Thank you, girls. You made my day showing off my baby boy. I am officially a Mommy and couldn't be happier.


My BEAUTIFUL hostesses, Patrick and me.

Even my MOH Christy and her sweet baby girl Finley (who is only 1 week older than Baby Patrick) drove in for the big event. Can you tell we heart each other? We managed to show up dressed alike...in the same color scheme.

What a handmade treasure from a special family friend!

Of course, it's 'monogrammed!'

Sweet Baby Finley, Christy and another special friend who came in town for the shower, Kim. She and I grew up together and were pledge sisters at OSU.

Somer, Jennifer, Jinny, me, Karen and Jamie relaxing in the kitchen.

I caught Somer and Courtney in the back hall and snapped a quickie candid.

The yummy treats and beautiful table. Clearly, it was a magnet for all guests at the shower.

How precious is our cake and cupcake tier?! And sweet baby's photo makes my heart flutter.

Up close of the cute cake.

Jamie and Miss McKenzie. Quite a dollbaby, she is!

The man of the party...Mr. Ben with Mommy Courtney. Be still my heart.

My Mom and some lady friends, Toni, Julie and Gay.

Jinny and Baby...who was not about to move from his sleepy perch.

1 comment:

The Johnson Family 5 said...

What a wonderful group of friends you have! YOu are looking amazing after just giving birth a few weeks ago...seriously!! Baby P is beyond adorable!!!!